Skip to main content

LLR

LLR - Learner's License Rule

Hi ...
      In the Holi Holidays, I took my learner's license for 2 wheeler with gear at RTO, Ongole . Eventhough it's late ... It's never too late. I am here to just mention about the correct procedure involved in getting the LLR.


You need to take the following forms at RTO to apply for the License:

1. Form 1
2. Form 1A
3. Form 2

Along with the forms, you need the following proofs:


1)  Age proof evidence ( any one )
  • School Certificate (Original & Xerox)
  • LIC Policy (or) Passport(Original & Xerox)
2)  Address evidence ( any one )
  • Ration Card (Original & Xerox)
  • LIC Policy (or) Passport (or) RC Book (Original & Xerox
  • Voter ID Card (Original & Xerox)
  • Passport (Original & Xerox)
  • Govt. Bank Passbook (Original & Xerox)
  • Residence Certificate (Original & Xerox)
If you have all the necessary documents, go to eSeva counter and pay chalana for Rs. 60 (2 wheeler with gear). At the counter, they provide you with a slot (Date - Time) for an online exam. When I was paying the fees, I don't know about the online test. They said that it was a test. I guessed it as a fitness test or a medical test.

Then take the forms at RTO (Road Transport Office) ...Fill them...Get Original and Xerox of the Age and Address Evidences. Go to the office. There, an officer approves the documents by checking the originals.

The problem at that time was that I had only xerox of the 10th class certificate and the original was in the college hostel. Therefore, the officer didn't accept my application. But I tried to convince him. I had my JEE and AIEEE hall-tickets and result cards with me. They have DoB (Date of Birth) mentioned on them. What the officer need is an Age proof ...so  I mentioned about them to the officer. He said it's ok with them. Immediately I took the xerox of them. Then he approved my application. 

After that... I approached the RTO on the day of my test with the approved application. When I inquired about the test...I came to know that it is a online test with objective type questions. But what is the syllabus here...?????
In front of the RTO ... there are many xerox shops. They sell some notes for the online test. It's worth Rs.6. Just half an hour before the test...I started reading the notes...It contains typical questions regarding the awareness of traffic rules, regulations and signals. 

To write the exam ... you should submit the  approved application in the RTO ... Then your photo through a digital camera and your signature is taken into the computer. Go to the examination room and wait for your turn...

Examination pattern:
Time:10 min
Total no. of Questions:20 Objective-type Questions
Min. Cut-off:16/20

My score is 18. But don't underestimate the test. If you don't prepare for it...the odds against getting qualified are ten to one. If you get disqualified in the test, you have to re-apply. So I have my learner's license now... This is valid for 6 months. After 1 month, I can take my test for the permanent driving license.



Comments

  1. People don't go to RTO ... they go to agents...feeding them money to bribe officers.....

    Hell India.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Do drop your comment/opnion here

Popular posts from this blog

Bowling & Howling

Have ever been to a "Bowling Alley"...??? "No"... Then U r missing something...I would say that it's one of the "Too Good" recreational activities. From many weeks, my roommate Vishal has been asking me to give company for going to Bowling Alley. I was not interested at that time as I thought that it would be too costly and boring too. But I said "Ok" to give company,  not to participate. There are few Malls which feature a Bowling Alley.

My First Certification

Hi dudes, This is my first blog. Eventhough i am not so good at narrating, i tried my level best. Post ur comments please to improvise my future blogs. It was Feb 28, 2009. It was my first certification exam. It was real tough to sleep the night before.

An attempt for the Hot Seat - KBC Season 6

Till today, I remember how i used to wait for every episode of KBC in its first season. Not only me, many Indians were in the same state as I was. People would love to imagine, being on the hot seat with a legend like Amitabh Bachchan asking you General knowledge questions, for which you will get money if you answer them correct. What an experience it will be. Oh sorry sorry ... If you don't know what KBC is ... It stands for  " Kaun Banega Crorepati "(who will be the millionaire). The name itself reveals that it is based on UK game show Who wants to be a Millionaire? . [click the links to know more about them] The show was a huge hit ... For reasons like  Anyone can win money in this show who has good General Knowledge and luck in his pocket. Especially for people who are from low income families and educated enough, but don't get chances in their life to prove their worthiness, this show is a hope. This show can bring drastic changes in  lives of those p