Skip to main content

Bowling & Howling

Have ever been to a "Bowling Alley"...??? "No"... Then U r missing something...I would say that it's one of the "Too Good" recreational activities.


From many weeks, my roommate Vishal has been asking me to give company for going to Bowling Alley. I was not interested at that time as I thought that it would be too costly and boring too. But I said "Ok" to give company,  not to participate. There are few Malls which feature a Bowling Alley.

So Today, We went to Ambiance Mall (One of the Biggest Malls in India). Each floor in this Mall is Kilometer Long...Just Imagine...I think there are 4-5 floors.  There is a Bowling Alley in 3rd Floor. It's "PVR Blu-O". I think it's pretty famous. There are pins which are personally signed by Bollywood actors. U might have a question...What are "Pins"? You will know what they are by reading this blog.



After getting over there, looking at their interiors...I felt like I am in a completely different place.... Just like a place, we see in movies where rich youth hang out. There is a bar too...But I don't consume alcohol. However they don't serve to people of age less than 25. So never mind. So I thought that "I am here today...Don't know about tomorrow...Why not try the Bowling?" ... That made me buy the ticket. But after playing "Bowling" ... I felt that it was worth every penny.

Ticket rate depends on factors such as whether it is a weekend, weekday or a public holiday & also on the place. I heard it is quite costly in Bangalore (Rs 350 per person per game). Compared to that it is quite less in Gurgaon. Rates at "Blu-O" are 200 or 220 during holiday...and...165 during weekdays. U need to take shoes for rent separately (Rs 35). My total expense was 220+35.

Do U want to know rules of the game???...Let me explain the Game ... Actually it is called "Ten-Pin Bowling". Pins are those "targets" at the far end of the lane that a bowler attempts to knock down by rolling a ball at them.



The bowler is allowed ten frames in which to knock down pins, with frames one (1) through nine (9) being composed of up to two rolls. The tenth frame may be composed of up to three rolls: the bonus roll(s) following a strike or spare in the tenth (sometimes referred to as the eleventh and twelfth frames) are fill ball(s) used only to calculate the score of the mark rolled in the tenth.

Bowling has a unique scoring system which keeps track not only of the current score but also strikes and spares, which give multiple marks. Effectively, there are three kinds of marks given in a score; a strike (all ten down in the first ball), a spare (all ten down by the second ball), and an open (missed pins still standing when the turn ends). A strike earns you ten points plus the points for the next two balls thrown (for example, if a player got a strike then followed with a 7 then 2, their value for the strike would be 10+7+2, or 19). A spare earns you ten points plus the points for the next ball thrown (again, if a player gets a spare then follow it with 7 pins down, their value for the spare would be 10+7, or 17). Open frames are added normally (example: if a player knocks down 5 on their first ball and 3 on their second the open frame would be worth 5+3, or 8 points). The maximum score in tenpin bowling is 300. This consists of getting 12 strikes in a row in one game (one strike each in frames 1-9, and all three possible strikes in the tenth frame), and is also known as a perfect game.

There are generally two primary styles of rolling the ball down the lane. Most newer players play by rolling the ball straight. More experienced bowlers usually roll a hook, which means that they make the ball start out straight and then curve towards the pocket. As I am just an amateur, so I can only use the first style. Maybe in future, I can get promoted to a status of "Pro".Then I maybe able to roll a hook.

In today's Game, I made one Strike and 2 Spares ( I guess). I defeated Vishal by 5 points. Our scores were 93 and 88. Trust me ... When U make a "Strike", you will feel like U r on top of the world...

"In Short...
Some Perfect Shots...
Some Lucky Shots...
Some Amateur Shots...
That's "Bowling"...Realm of Physical & Psychological Entertainment..."
.
Note:- U will really enjoy it when U have a company... If U go alone...there will be only Physical Entertainment...No Psychological Entertainment...

Comments

  1. Ambience mall has actually great bowling place. You have explained the game very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicely written....and this showss how much u people enjoyeddd

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Shobhit & @Kiran Thanks for the replies... Yeah it was a great experience... Will go for it atleast once a month from now onwards...

    ReplyDelete
  4. rey.......nuwu odipoyina match gurunchu kuda rayu ra........also how i won and came bak from last position

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is old post dude... however nobody wants to write a blog on how they lost... for ur satisfaction i can write a fb status....

    ReplyDelete
  6. My score 134 \m/ @Fun world Bangalore . Its too less here 100 per person in weekdays and 120 in weekends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 134 is really a good score. Beginner's luck, i guess :D

      recently i scored in that area (above 130). I don't remember exactly what is the score.

      Gurgaon is expensive than bangalore in terms of entertainment like movies, restaurants, bowling (as well) .....

      Delete
    2. Its my 2nd time . First one wid Saurabh (lala) at kolkata. I was not aware of the rules till i read ur blog ,else i could have scored more than 134 :)

      Delete
    3. even 2nd time would still make you a beginner :P

      whatever the rules maybe, you still gave your best, didn't you ... :)

      Delete
    4. I hope the next one will be with you @Ambiance Mall Gurgoan.

      Delete
    5. hmmm ... vacheyi kummedamu ... :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Do drop your comment/opnion here

Popular posts from this blog

My First Certification

Hi dudes, This is my first blog. Eventhough i am not so good at narrating, i tried my level best. Post ur comments please to improvise my future blogs. It was Feb 28, 2009. It was my first certification exam. It was real tough to sleep the night before.

Recognition of IT-BHU in my surroundings...

When we get out from college and enter into the world, everybody asks u the same question " Which college did you study?".Too say frankly, I am really afraid of this question that too when i am outside of Banaras.(Thank God! At least people of Banaras know about it. Just Kidding!!!)