Skip to main content

Sapient.....My Dream JoB

PS (Pre-Script) :- This post is not intended to hurt anybody. Some points are added to make it entertaining. Regarding CTS, I don't have any disrespect towards it. Don't misunderstand my feelings.




Hi...

I am back with my valuable experience regarding Sapient campus placement. Eventhough I have a software job in Cognizant (CTS)... I am not satisfied with it...I have my own reasons like ....
  1. It's a mass-recruiter.
  2. Low-Paid Job.
  3. For a Student who cleared JEE...People expect that you will have a job with very good CTC  (Cost To Company)...Atleast 5.0 Lakhs.
  4. Etc.....
So I was looking for a job with better profile and handsome salary... Before Sapient, I attended many interviews of High-profile companies like CitriX, Geiper, Morgan Stanley, etc... In CitriX & Morgan Stanley, there was a good competition from CompSci guys. Let's face the fact - They have three years of programming knowledge (experience). They are more eligible than me. I am just an amateur in front of them. So I lost those jobs due to heavy competition. In Geiper, .......They asked questions regarding my core (Electrical). Not so good at it. I lost that job too..... But at that time, I was happy because I don't want to do a job which involves Electrical knowledge. I never prepared myself to do such a job. My interest is a software job. I applied for  that company only in desperation for a job and also because of it's attractive package.

Then Came the Sapient to my rescue. Their frequency matches to that of mine. So I applied for it. But it was opened to whole BHU.
B.Tech - All Branches
M.Tech - All Branches
MCA
M.Sc (Computer Science)

Normally, campus visiting software companies may open for MCA but never for M.Sc. But with this company, it was different. That makes a large no. of applicants.

Selection Process:-
  • Online Test
  1. 25 min - Verbal
  2. 35 min - Aptitude
  3. 35 min - C and Algorithms
  4. 35 min - Logical Reasoning
  • Technical Interview
  • HR Interview (It will be taken only if you clear the Technical Interview.)
On 16th morning, We had to attend the online test. Like Cognizant, this time too Lala (Saurabh) and I attended the test on a mutual understanding. Lala, Me and Rajeev sat in the same row. But it's not of much help. The question papers are almost different from one another. There is almost no scope for malpractice. But in English section, there are questions related to synonyms and antonyms. We can open the browser and search in a dictionary. But I didn't get this idea at that point of time. I gave the exam on my own (99.99%). By 12, the exam was over. We reached hostel. But we came to know that there's PPT(Pre-Placement Talk) @ 1.00 pm. I didn't attend it as it was scorching summer outside and already got tired due to the lengthy online test (2 hours 10 min). People who attended said that it was really good and there's a girl in their team named Bandana. They said that she was beautiful & Cute.

The results were declared on 17th morning. 57 were selected for interviews.The interviews started from 1.00 p.m. From electrical, 5 got selected for the interview. My interview slot was from 6-8 pm. If a person clears Technical interview then only he/she will be allowed for the HR interview. Each interview takes at least 45 min.When I reached the TPO office, people were discussing about puzzles. Katta reached there to help his classmate Anmol regarding C & DS. Katta started asking me all the puzzles he knew. They were of great help.

There is one thing odd in Sapient Interviews. They declare results right after 10 mins of your interview. Most of the companies declare results after all the interviews of the selected candidates were taken. I think they don't fix the number of candidates they want to hire.I guess they don't do relative grading. That's really good.

My technical interview was taken by "Kailash" ( I have a very close friend with the same name ).

Interviewer:Tell me about yourself (Regular Question)
Me: Blah...Blah...Blah...
Interviewer:(Started asking Puzzles...3-4 Puzzles...)
Me: (Gave answers...Mostly correct)
Interviewer: Difference between Class & Struct?
Me: Blah...Blah...Blah...
Interviewer: What is a Doubly Linked-list?
Me: Blah...Blah...Blah...
Interviewer: What is multi-threading? Give me practical application...
Me: Blah...Blah...Blah...Told him about Microsoft word multi-threading.
Interviewer:Difference between TCP and UDP? (My favourite Question)
Me: Blah...Blah...Blah...
Interviewer:How to implement Queue?
Me:Blah...Blah...Blah...(Arrays & Linked list)
Interviewer: Among them ... Which one takes less time to access?
Me: Array... becoz the elements are adjacent to each other...less disk-access time...
Interviewer: Tell me about Deadlocks?
Me: Blah...Blah...Blah...

 I don't remember exactly all the questions. But it was an exhaustive technical interview. He almost asked everything that I wrote in my resume (C, C++, Data Structures, Networking, Operating Systems). He was even ready to ask questions about Databases & Java. But I don't have a good knowledge in that domain. Finally the interview came to an end.

 I waited outside for at least 10 min. I wasn't so confident about my interview becoz Lala's interview too went well but wasn't selected for HR interview. After awhile, Bandana came out and said I am selected for HR interview. She pointed to the room where my HR interview will be taken.

I never had an HR interview before. As I entered into the room, he welcomed me.
Questions are in the following aspects:-
  • How was your day? Tell me your today's routine?
  • You are from Electrical Background, how can you cope with the software industry?
  • How do you put teamwork? What is your individual performance in your activities among your team members?
  • If I give you 100 bottles of Bisleri, how do you plan to sell them in your hostel?
  • After 5 years, where would you like to see yourself?
  • Do you know the positions in a software company?In which position do you like to see yourself? Why so?
  • If I place you in other division, will you be able to do it?

They were many other questions. It was of almost 45 min. Too exhaustive than Technical. I felt it more difficult than Technical. At Last , he gave me a Handshake. After 15 min, Bandana came and said that I cleared the interview process and I am SELECTED. Then She gave me a warm Handshake and an Employee Application Form to fill.



If they want thinkers, then They Got One (You must be thinking "who is it?". Come on...It's ME.)

A total of 11 members selected... Very Good In-Hand pay, Very Good Job Profile & A warm HANDSHAKE... What more can any person want... Even though it is not a job of CTC more than 5.0 ( As people expect from JEE students ) it is an equivalent job.

There was much more to share ... But it will be too lengthy... Thanks for reading...Maybe it will be helpful if you are appearing for SAPIENT in future.

Comments

  1. Nice one yaar!!
    good interview experience
    first congrats for ur Dream job :)
    it is true that patience and hard work gets it's reward at the end.
    adi sare party eppudu istavo adi cheppu :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joined as Trainee Technology on 2nd august in Gurgaon... Very nice training over here... Good company to start career...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey dude...
    I too had the same experience in interview....
    I also got the plcement at Sapient yesterday night......
    its pkg is 4.2 lk/yr....

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Shailendra It's really good company to start with. But be prepared to work hard... Are you a campus recruit???

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for writin down ur experiences...
    its really helpful..
    ve cleared round 1 n gonna attend tech n hr interview in a few days

    ReplyDelete
  6. wel, i've cleared the tech interview too on jan14th...
    now i'm a part of Sapient:)
    again thanks for this post...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Do drop your comment/opnion here

Popular posts from this blog

Bowling & Howling

Have ever been to a "Bowling Alley"...??? "No"... Then U r missing something...I would say that it's one of the "Too Good" recreational activities. From many weeks, my roommate Vishal has been asking me to give company for going to Bowling Alley. I was not interested at that time as I thought that it would be too costly and boring too. But I said "Ok" to give company,  not to participate. There are few Malls which feature a Bowling Alley.

My First Certification

Hi dudes, This is my first blog. Eventhough i am not so good at narrating, i tried my level best. Post ur comments please to improvise my future blogs. It was Feb 28, 2009. It was my first certification exam. It was real tough to sleep the night before.

An attempt for the Hot Seat - KBC Season 6

Till today, I remember how i used to wait for every episode of KBC in its first season. Not only me, many Indians were in the same state as I was. People would love to imagine, being on the hot seat with a legend like Amitabh Bachchan asking you General knowledge questions, for which you will get money if you answer them correct. What an experience it will be. Oh sorry sorry ... If you don't know what KBC is ... It stands for  " Kaun Banega Crorepati "(who will be the millionaire). The name itself reveals that it is based on UK game show Who wants to be a Millionaire? . [click the links to know more about them] The show was a huge hit ... For reasons like  Anyone can win money in this show who has good General Knowledge and luck in his pocket. Especially for people who are from low income families and educated enough, but don't get chances in their life to prove their worthiness, this show is a hope. This show can bring drastic changes in  lives of those p