Skip to main content

"Shift+Delete" by mistake

It has been a while since i wrote a post. But today i came across an experience, which i think will be useful for many.

We know that we can delete a file/folder by just selecting it and pressing "Delete" button. If it is done by mistake, you can restore this file/folder from the recycle bin. If you are frequent user of a computer, you know that on pressing "Shift+Del" you can delete files/folders permanently from the computer. We can't restore these files from the recycle bin. 

And what if you delete a file/folder permanently by mistake? "I know that it happened with most of you".

Well, it happened with me yesterday. I was preparing some document. After completion, I deleted the draft file (at least that's what i thought). After 5 min, I realized that i deleted the final copy. Also thanks to my habit of "Shift+Delete". I don't want to waste hours on that document again. This happened with me in the past. But most of the time, the files are not much of significant value or just available from Internet. So, I didn't care much at that time. This is different. I used to see people discussing about recovery software in the tech. forums. So started exploring for one in Internet and i came across Pandora Recovery


It seems that even though we delete a file permanently, Windows doesn't delete the file from hard disk. It just marks the file as deleted. With the help of Pandora Recovery, I was able to recover my file. Great thing about this software is that it is completely free. Also it is complete version (no trial period). So, I can retain this software for life.

As is always the case with freewares that they come with malware/ad-ware. And i read the same reviews about this product. But i didn't came across any such while using it. Even while installing it, it didn't ask permission for installing other softwares/plugins. There are no alerts from anti-virus (AVG 2013 Free, Updated). Also checked for unwanted programs installed in "Add/Remove programs" - Clean. But it is just 1 day of use. So, I'll let you know if i find any problems with the software in future. 

You can download the software from here. Better not to download this from download.com. They may install other softwares if you don't pay attention during the installation process.

In case if you are not able to get hold of this software, let me know. I'll send it over (if i still have the software at that time).

Going through Internet, I also came across another software "Recuva", which has good reviews. You can try this as well.

*** Happy Recovery ***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bowling & Howling

Have ever been to a "Bowling Alley"...??? "No"... Then U r missing something...I would say that it's one of the "Too Good" recreational activities. From many weeks, my roommate Vishal has been asking me to give company for going to Bowling Alley. I was not interested at that time as I thought that it would be too costly and boring too. But I said "Ok" to give company,  not to participate. There are few Malls which feature a Bowling Alley.

My First Certification

Hi dudes, This is my first blog. Eventhough i am not so good at narrating, i tried my level best. Post ur comments please to improvise my future blogs. It was Feb 28, 2009. It was my first certification exam. It was real tough to sleep the night before.

An attempt for the Hot Seat - KBC Season 6

Till today, I remember how i used to wait for every episode of KBC in its first season. Not only me, many Indians were in the same state as I was. People would love to imagine, being on the hot seat with a legend like Amitabh Bachchan asking you General knowledge questions, for which you will get money if you answer them correct. What an experience it will be. Oh sorry sorry ... If you don't know what KBC is ... It stands for  " Kaun Banega Crorepati "(who will be the millionaire). The name itself reveals that it is based on UK game show Who wants to be a Millionaire? . [click the links to know more about them] The show was a huge hit ... For reasons like  Anyone can win money in this show who has good General Knowledge and luck in his pocket. Especially for people who are from low income families and educated enough, but don't get chances in their life to prove their worthiness, this show is a hope. This show can bring drastic changes in  lives of those p