Skip to main content

Deadly One... GPL

Mostly... People from Graduation Colleges are quite familiar with term "GPL"... Others might find it as a Awkward Abbreviation ...

If U search it in Google... No use, Guys. You will find results of "GNU GPL(General Public License)". But it's not what I am talking about. It is not the one that U can Google it. U have to Experience it to know What it is. That can leave a Very good impact & impression on you. Let me introduce it to U ... It's "Gaan* pe Laat" ... Oh C'mon Guys ... Censor Problems ... I guess U understood What it is... !!!



To explain it, it is as simple as "Uthao aur Maaro". Somebody started it. It is being continued as a college tradition and will be continuing forever. This terminology is also limited to Certain Colleges. Generally People refer it to "Birthday Bumps". But it is referred for those given on his/her birthday. For GPL, there is no need for a Specific occasion such as Birthday. It can be Birthday, Campus Placement, Paid Internship, IIM Call, Good GRE Score, Top Sem Pointers, Scholarship   ... Whatever be the Occasion, it can be practiced. The celebration Starts with GPL. Sometimes, there will be a Vague reason behind it like "Aaj ye ***** (Ladki ka Naam) se baat kiya" ... Sometimes that is Quite Enough to have your situation messed-up. After that U will never talk with that Girl ... Atleast, not in front of your friends.

There is no Such thing as Proper place for performing this Ritual. In college, Any place would do. "Kabhi Classroom mein, Kabhi Bathroom mein, Kabhi Cafeteria mein, Kabhi Lab mein, Kabhi Mess Hall mein, Kabhi Road pe, Kabhi restaurant mein, ... (list continues)".

There is no such written rule that You have to use your leg or hand to beat up. "Kuch bhi Chalega ... Chappal, Jhootha, Belt, Rod, ..... (List continues, Bas Chaku use nahi karte hai... Thank God)".

I used to be proud that I was never the Victim. I was always against it. But I gave it to 2 or 3 people in my college days ...... Just 2 or 3 Bumps, not much ...

Even on Birthdays, I managed to escape. Then I got job in Cognizant. Along with me, 22 of my classmates also got placed in it. So other Classmates didn't dare to give GPL for 23 of us. "Strength matters". But when I got selected for Sapient, then I was the only one in the Class to get selected. There was no way I can escape here. I gave up myself to their beating. After 2 minutes of Beating, Pain was unbearable as they were beating with leather shoes and Chappals. So, got rid of them and ran for my life. Went to Mess hall and stayed there. Mess workers were sleeping over there after their tiresome day. My Classmates had been searching for their prey (Me). After half an hour, they gave up their search. To be sure, I stayed in the mess hall for another half an hour. From there I went to Mtech Bhaiya Sampath's room. He gave me Shelter for rest of the day. There, it was how my first GPL went. Not so terrible compared to the ones I saw.

Guyz ... Be careful while Giving somebody ... Bumps. I even heard that One of my seniors got a fracture when he was given a GPL. So ... Play Safe.

Comments

Post a Comment

Do drop your comment/opnion here

Popular posts from this blog

Bowling & Howling

Have ever been to a "Bowling Alley"...??? "No"... Then U r missing something...I would say that it's one of the "Too Good" recreational activities. From many weeks, my roommate Vishal has been asking me to give company for going to Bowling Alley. I was not interested at that time as I thought that it would be too costly and boring too. But I said "Ok" to give company,  not to participate. There are few Malls which feature a Bowling Alley.

My First Certification

Hi dudes, This is my first blog. Eventhough i am not so good at narrating, i tried my level best. Post ur comments please to improvise my future blogs. It was Feb 28, 2009. It was my first certification exam. It was real tough to sleep the night before.

An attempt for the Hot Seat - KBC Season 6

Till today, I remember how i used to wait for every episode of KBC in its first season. Not only me, many Indians were in the same state as I was. People would love to imagine, being on the hot seat with a legend like Amitabh Bachchan asking you General knowledge questions, for which you will get money if you answer them correct. What an experience it will be. Oh sorry sorry ... If you don't know what KBC is ... It stands for  " Kaun Banega Crorepati "(who will be the millionaire). The name itself reveals that it is based on UK game show Who wants to be a Millionaire? . [click the links to know more about them] The show was a huge hit ... For reasons like  Anyone can win money in this show who has good General Knowledge and luck in his pocket. Especially for people who are from low income families and educated enough, but don't get chances in their life to prove their worthiness, this show is a hope. This show can bring drastic changes in  lives of those p