Skip to main content

Metro'Pollutin'

After living in a small and clean town, it's like a hell to live in a crowded, dirty & expensive city. Don't you Agree? Let's see ...



I spent my 4 years of College in Banaras/Varanasi, Which is indicated as "City" on the map only Due to its Population, Population Density and an Airport. But considering any other small cities, It's no way near to a City. It's just Big-Size Town with no Proper Public Transport. Roads are so narrow & crowded that a person can never drive a Vehicle without Kissing other's Vehicle. People can visit Varanasi for a Pilgrimage, not to settle down in their life. The negligent Govt. over there is responsible for the Present situation of Banaras and its Parent State U.P. After that horrendous life in Varanasi, I decided not to settle in a city like this ever. But I like BHU Campus a lot. It is completely different from the horrible city outside the campus. "Peaceful atmosphere, Greenery everywhere, Spacious Campus except in our hostel rooms."

When I came to know that I got my Job posting in Gurgaon, I was disappointed as I was expecting it in Bangalore (Factors like Near-To-Home, South-Indian Food, Friends, Good Climate than any other City in India.) Whatever it is, Gurgaon is a City, not really a "Gaon" as the name indicates. For those people who spent most their life in towns, Going to a City is a big thing. That too ... Gurgaon is a part of NCR (National Capital Region). Hmmm...Sounds Great.


Whenever somebody use the word "City"... The place that comes to my mind First is Hyderabad because that's the only Metropolitan I frequently visit (Atleast Once a year... ). Apart from Telangana Agitation,  I like Everything about "The City of Pearls" because of its good Public transport, Amenities, Tourist Attractions,  Lot more Cleaner than Banaras, Etc ... During my research about Gurgaon, Somewhere I read that "According to a survey by Business Today magazine, Gurgaon is considered the best city in India to work and live in." After Hearing and Reading so much About Gurgaon, I was expecting a Metropolitan much better than Hyderabad.



But ... When I entered the City, What I see is Only Cars. Like 90% or even Above of the Total Traffic are Cars. They flooded the City Roads. What I noticed is Everybody self-drives themselves to their Office.

In normal towns, Car is symbol of Royalty, Richness & atlast, comes Comfort. But this is quite Different here. It became a necessity to everybody over here. Not a car-per-family ... It's on Per-Member Basis, just like mobile phones. If a Wife and a Husband works in diff. Offices, they own Two cars for their convenience. If this is the way of commuting in every house, then "Just Imagine" How many cars will be on Road during Peak Hours? Consider the Wastage of resources (Petrol, Diesel), Which we Import from other Countries at Higher Prices.



After analysing I came to a Conclusion that In Cities like Bangalore, Gurgaon, Pune, etc. Four-wheelers have become more than necessity in their life. Due to their Bulky & Handsome Salaries, they can easily afford a Car along with its maintenance. They never care about Pollution and Uneasy caused to the others. Why don't these People use some Public Transport or Atleast Bus Service provided by their Company?

If this keeps on going, our future generations have to suffer a lot. I guess they have to use Gas Masks to survive longer. At Least, CNG has brought some revolution in reducing Pollution. It's not that it's completely Pollution-Free. Better than Petrol and Diesel. Best are the Ones Driven by Electricity.

Government will not even Bother to look into this issue. They don't have time to deal with these Trivial things. Most of their time goes in Doing Scams and again Enquiring about it. They will notice it when this Trivial transforms into something Chronic. They will wait till then.

Interesting Point:- Acutally We can't say Gurgaon is a Metropolitan according to the Census Commission. The Census Commission defines a metropolitan city one having a population of over 4 Million.  MumbaiDelhiChennaiKolkataBengaluru,HyderabadAhmedabadPuneSurat are the Nine cities that qualify. Residents of these cities are also entitled to a higher House rent allowance. 

Comments

  1. According to me, people working in metro afford car as the petrol charges were provided by the company :P

    n I remember one of my collegue's statement that he like company's bus journey than car as atleast that 1 hr he can sleep peacefully :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah ... I too had that kind of days during training ... when I used to sleep in the bus ... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree what you say, but we have to find out the root cause, the root cause of pollution is polluted heart. Until unless, all of us don’t purify our heart, how can be expect clean city? Pollution is outside because it is inside our heart. Outside is just a manifestation of our own heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Do drop your comment/opnion here

Popular posts from this blog

Bowling & Howling

Have ever been to a "Bowling Alley"...??? "No"... Then U r missing something...I would say that it's one of the "Too Good" recreational activities. From many weeks, my roommate Vishal has been asking me to give company for going to Bowling Alley. I was not interested at that time as I thought that it would be too costly and boring too. But I said "Ok" to give company,  not to participate. There are few Malls which feature a Bowling Alley.

My First Certification

Hi dudes, This is my first blog. Eventhough i am not so good at narrating, i tried my level best. Post ur comments please to improvise my future blogs. It was Feb 28, 2009. It was my first certification exam. It was real tough to sleep the night before.

An attempt for the Hot Seat - KBC Season 6

Till today, I remember how i used to wait for every episode of KBC in its first season. Not only me, many Indians were in the same state as I was. People would love to imagine, being on the hot seat with a legend like Amitabh Bachchan asking you General knowledge questions, for which you will get money if you answer them correct. What an experience it will be. Oh sorry sorry ... If you don't know what KBC is ... It stands for  " Kaun Banega Crorepati "(who will be the millionaire). The name itself reveals that it is based on UK game show Who wants to be a Millionaire? . [click the links to know more about them] The show was a huge hit ... For reasons like  Anyone can win money in this show who has good General Knowledge and luck in his pocket. Especially for people who are from low income families and educated enough, but don't get chances in their life to prove their worthiness, this show is a hope. This show can bring drastic changes in  lives of those p