Skip to main content

Microsoft Experience - Hardware Service Centre

 1 Year back:-

Bowing to my desire to own a wireless combo (keyboard and mouse), I bought one. After many rounds of search in Nehru place for a combo that matches my taste, finally went for Microsoft Desktop 2000 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo. Costed me around 1350 bucks, but truly worth every penny.

Review:- The design and build quality is too good. Surface texture is awesome. That's just from outside.Inside, there is much good stuff. There are 5 "Favourite" buttons on the keyboard which you can customize to quickly access any folder or program with a single stroke. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to buy a wireless combo. Just a piece of advice - Even-though the mouse has a slot for two batteries (AA), you can use the mouse on a single battery which keeps the mouse "light". Otherwise, 2 AA batteries will make it too heavy to lift or move.

Present:-

Something went wrong. The transceiver (which connects keyboard & mouse to the computer) is not working. Tried many things - Uninstalled and re-installed the drivers for the same. Didn't even work on workplace laptop. Almost confirmed that transceiver is out of life. Need to take the patient to the hospital (service centre), or worse - maybe a mortuary (replacement).

I don't have the bill. Actually, I don't remember whether i took the bill or not. Called the service centre to know whether it is necessary or not. He said that it would be great if i have the bill. Otherwise they will check the warranty based on the manufactured date on the set.

The service centre is in Nehru Place. I live in Gurgaon. It took me 2 hours to reach there. After reaching the centre, there is a teenager who is in-charge. Actually, I thought that there will be a queue or something and a token system (like the one i saw at the Seagate centre). There is nobody except for the teenager. I was glad. Handed over the combo along with the cardboard box. He took out all the 3 items (Keyboard, Mouse, Transceiver). Placed the transceiver in the desktop, placed in front of me, and started testing the mouse. I told him that the transceiver is not responsive. He was convinced. He went inside and got back with a new piece. From inside me, a voice came out - "Cooooool". He tested the new set and handed it over to me. All three components were shining. You see - They just can't replace a single component because the transceiver is tightly coupled with the keyboard and mouse. It doesn't work with other set of KB and Mouse. Likewise, neither does the KB and Mouse work with other transceiver. If they have to replace, they have to do it for the 3 components together.

Total duration in the service centre is barely 5 minutes. Never expected that the process would be so smooth and fast. Got a new combo set with new manufacturing date (Warranty for 3 more years. I hope that's how it works).

Microsoft Rocks - At least in the hardware and hardware servicing.

More Info:- Without the bill, the warranty counts from the manufacturing month which is specified on the back side of the keyboard. If you have the bill, the warranty counts from the billing date. So better keep the bill, to be sure.

Future:-
                                                        ***Happy Typing***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bowling & Howling

Have ever been to a "Bowling Alley"...??? "No"... Then U r missing something...I would say that it's one of the "Too Good" recreational activities. From many weeks, my roommate Vishal has been asking me to give company for going to Bowling Alley. I was not interested at that time as I thought that it would be too costly and boring too. But I said "Ok" to give company,  not to participate. There are few Malls which feature a Bowling Alley.

An attempt for the Hot Seat - KBC Season 6

Till today, I remember how i used to wait for every episode of KBC in its first season. Not only me, many Indians were in the same state as I was. People would love to imagine, being on the hot seat with a legend like Amitabh Bachchan asking you General knowledge questions, for which you will get money if you answer them correct. What an experience it will be. Oh sorry sorry ... If you don't know what KBC is ... It stands for  " Kaun Banega Crorepati "(who will be the millionaire). The name itself reveals that it is based on UK game show Who wants to be a Millionaire? . [click the links to know more about them] The show was a huge hit ... For reasons like  Anyone can win money in this show who has good General Knowledge and luck in his pocket. Especially for people who are from low income families and educated enough, but don't get chances in their life to prove their worthiness, this show is a hope. This show can bring drastic changes in  lives of those p

My First Certification

Hi dudes, This is my first blog. Eventhough i am not so good at narrating, i tried my level best. Post ur comments please to improvise my future blogs. It was Feb 28, 2009. It was my first certification exam. It was real tough to sleep the night before.