Skip to main content

The Dark Passenger

If you have seen the Cartoon Network in your childhood, then the word "Dexter" would remind you of that infamous animation series Dexter's Laboratory in which a short little boy (Dexter) who is always busy with his scientific experiments and also tries to keep away his mischievous sister "Dee Dee" out of his secret lab inside his house. If you don't know about him, that's too bad. It's a great animation series. But today it's not about that Dexter. This is about Dexter a.k.a Dexter Morgan.


This character is from the Top-Rated TV series Dexter. The series is about Dexter Morgan who works as a blood spatter analyst in Miami Metro Homicide who also moonlights as a serial killer to satisfy his urge to kill. Due to disturbing incident in his childhood, he gradually develops this urge and loses his ability to feel emotions (especially empathy). His foster father, who is a cop, noticed these urges in him and teaches him a 'Code' on how/whom to kill. The Code - To put it in one line "Kill only those people, who deserves it, without getting caught". This way, innocent people are not harmed. Basically it's like a regular hero who at last kills the villain. In this case, Dexter needs that villain quite frequently so that he doesn't lose control over his urges and goes after an innocent. He goes after those who evaded the justice for the murders they committed. Father being a cop and him being a forensic guy, he knows how to clean his tracks. 


The above plot may sound lame and F'ed up. Trust me. Narration and characterization are really good. On a continuous watch of this series, you may even get frenzy at times. This TV series is definitely worth a movie franchise.

Well, Dexter names this inner feeling, which arouses the urge to kill, as "The Dark Passenger". And there is a scene in Season 2 Episode 3 "An Inconvenient Lie" in which Dexter describes his "The Dark Passenger". On a whole, it is one hell of a dialogue.

Dialogue:-

I just know there is something dark in me
And I hide it. I certainly don't talk about it. 
It's there, always.
This dark passenger. And when he's driving, I feel...Alive.
Half sick with the thrill, the complete wrongness...I don't fight him. 
I don't want to.He's all I've got.
Nothing else could love me.Not even...especially not me.
Or is that just a lie the dark passenger tells me?
Because lately, there are these moments when I feel connected, to something else.Someone.
It's like the mask is slipping. 
Things, people, who never mattered before are suddenly starting to matter.It scares the hell out of me.

YouTube link for the scene:-  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toYzUtZdYUk

Anybody who loves the genre "Thriller" should go for this one ... !!!

*** Happy Watching ***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bowling & Howling

Have ever been to a "Bowling Alley"...??? "No"... Then U r missing something...I would say that it's one of the "Too Good" recreational activities. From many weeks, my roommate Vishal has been asking me to give company for going to Bowling Alley. I was not interested at that time as I thought that it would be too costly and boring too. But I said "Ok" to give company,  not to participate. There are few Malls which feature a Bowling Alley.

My First Certification

Hi dudes, This is my first blog. Eventhough i am not so good at narrating, i tried my level best. Post ur comments please to improvise my future blogs. It was Feb 28, 2009. It was my first certification exam. It was real tough to sleep the night before.

An attempt for the Hot Seat - KBC Season 6

Till today, I remember how i used to wait for every episode of KBC in its first season. Not only me, many Indians were in the same state as I was. People would love to imagine, being on the hot seat with a legend like Amitabh Bachchan asking you General knowledge questions, for which you will get money if you answer them correct. What an experience it will be. Oh sorry sorry ... If you don't know what KBC is ... It stands for  " Kaun Banega Crorepati "(who will be the millionaire). The name itself reveals that it is based on UK game show Who wants to be a Millionaire? . [click the links to know more about them] The show was a huge hit ... For reasons like  Anyone can win money in this show who has good General Knowledge and luck in his pocket. Especially for people who are from low income families and educated enough, but don't get chances in their life to prove their worthiness, this show is a hope. This show can bring drastic changes in  lives of those p