Skip to main content

24

While watching Prison Break Season 2, I don't have the last episode in the season 2. Without watching it, I can't go for next season as You will miss the continuity. So I don't have any other option but to start another TV series. There are many options for me. But I went for "24".



This TV Series started in 2001 and ended recently in May,2010. Every Season in this TV series has 24 episodes. Each episode corresponds to 1 Hour in Real-Time. It's totally a brilliant idea to make a TV series on the Real-Time.
Running time of the Episode (42-44 minutes) = 1 Hour in Real-Time. 
They even show the time in between the events. But actually it's unrealistic for all the events to occur within the time frame as they show in the series. This makes the 24 episodes, a total of 24 hours, that means a day. That is the day when the America faces a National Security problem. Then comes the "Jack Bauer" for the rescue of the nation.

In this TV series, they created a fictional  U.S agency named as CTU (Counter-Terrorist Unit) located at Los Angeles. In the 1st Episode, Jack Bauer starts as the director of CTU. He is characterized as highly professional and patriotic in nature. He can hurt anybody or even himself when it comes to saving the nation. Most of the plots in this TV series are political thrillers. It includes presidential assassination attempts, nuclear, biological and chemical threats, cyber attacks, as well as conspiracies dealing with government and corporate corruption.

Jack Bauer is the only character to have appeared in all eight seasons, as well as appearing in every episode of the series. I guess you know about Elisha Cuthbert, "The girl Next Door" fame. In this series, She (Kim Bauer) acted as the daughter of Jack Bauer. She is present in the series right from the 1st episode.

In the season 5 Last Episode... Jack Bauer extracts a Chinese from the Chinese consulate to question him in a case, which is a crime. When he gets captured by the Chinese agents in this regard, he asks Chinese to kill him immediately instead of torturing him. "You're far too valuable to kill, Mr. Bauer"...That is the dialogue of a Chinese to Jack Bauer. But I guess these are the thoughts of producer of the serial to the character Jack Bauer as he doesn't want to upset his business by killing him. That may damage TRP ratings of the series. I saw all the 8 seasons. Whenever the villain gets opportunity to kill Jack Bauer, he/she never uses it even after knowing what he is capable of. Basically I guess that there is producer's hand in the script. ...LOL

Totally, 8 seasons were broadcasted, that is 8*24=192 Episodes. At the conclusion of its eighth and final season, 24 became the longest-running espionage-themed television drama ever.

Famous quotes and Dialogues:

Jack Bauer: You are gonna tell me what I wanna know, it's just a matter of how much you want it to hurt. 

Jack Bauer: The only reason that you're conscious right now is because I don't want to carry you.

Andre Drazen: If Plan A fails you go to Plan B, not Plan A recycled.

These are just pieces...U can get a lot while watching the series...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bowling & Howling

Have ever been to a "Bowling Alley"...??? "No"... Then U r missing something...I would say that it's one of the "Too Good" recreational activities. From many weeks, my roommate Vishal has been asking me to give company for going to Bowling Alley. I was not interested at that time as I thought that it would be too costly and boring too. But I said "Ok" to give company,  not to participate. There are few Malls which feature a Bowling Alley.

My First Certification

Hi dudes, This is my first blog. Eventhough i am not so good at narrating, i tried my level best. Post ur comments please to improvise my future blogs. It was Feb 28, 2009. It was my first certification exam. It was real tough to sleep the night before.

An attempt for the Hot Seat - KBC Season 6

Till today, I remember how i used to wait for every episode of KBC in its first season. Not only me, many Indians were in the same state as I was. People would love to imagine, being on the hot seat with a legend like Amitabh Bachchan asking you General knowledge questions, for which you will get money if you answer them correct. What an experience it will be. Oh sorry sorry ... If you don't know what KBC is ... It stands for  " Kaun Banega Crorepati "(who will be the millionaire). The name itself reveals that it is based on UK game show Who wants to be a Millionaire? . [click the links to know more about them] The show was a huge hit ... For reasons like  Anyone can win money in this show who has good General Knowledge and luck in his pocket. Especially for people who are from low income families and educated enough, but don't get chances in their life to prove their worthiness, this show is a hope. This show can bring drastic changes in  lives of those p